It’s so hard to forget pain, but it’s even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace. -- Chuck Palahniuk, Diary
this morning, i recalled my 'happy list' posts and wondered why i stopped doing those. it was one of the series i loved writing the most. here's a series 'restart', i'll call it eight things.
here's a list for today. i'm grateful for..
- the house turning into a snacks galore. pistachios, pineapple tarts. bought and gifted! lunar new year is a good excuse to not stop munching ...
- a little more of financial mindfulness. i'm more calculative than i used to be when i'm spending money, that's a good thing, right?
- little drafts for some of my personal projects for the year. i'm a restless one so it feels so good to not do everything on a whim (remember my to-do for 2017?)
- old friends. catching up with people who matter. also seeing them grow yet stay the same, just like us.
- a box of persimmons Ken brought home for me, just because 'Sharon' is on the box so he bought it! the persimmons tasted so good, heh :)
- growing plants on the balconies. so proud of the greens we've been planting since we moved to this little place of ours!
- a portable stove we bought for our steamboat sessions at home. we've been wanting one for so long but never really got to it..
- finally starting our wall-to-wall library project - our piles of books now have shelves to call home! the plan is to combine several bookcases that it'll look like a built-in as a whole. i might share more of this little 'project' in the near future.
what are some of the things that make you happy lately? x